This is a beta for my Imperial armour expansion, putting more emphasis on how uniforms impact life in the legion. This mod adds, modifies and distributes suits of Legion armour with the intention of making armour a bigger faucet of Legion identity.
This mod does several things to Legion uniforms:
- Studded leather, dragonscale, silver and newtscale cuirasses are now listed as Legion uniforms.
- The studded leather, chain, newtscale, silver, duke's silver and dragonscale armour sets have been completed, and the new pieces distributed among Legion members and smithies.
- Ash mask helmets can be found on legionnaires outside Buckmoth Legion fort and sold by Yambagorn gor-Shulor inside.
- Varus Vantinius now has a unique helmet that he will don when duelling the player and can be taken from him after he's been defeated.
- Instead of being given armour pieces as a promotion bonus, the player is issued with a choice of leather, chain or steel armour when they join the Legion. Upon being promoted to Knight Errant, the player is offered a set of their choice of newtscale, dragonscale or templar. Similarly, when the player becomes a member of the Order of Ebonheart, they will be offered a full set through Sirollus Saccus.
- Non-Legion affiliated players can be arrested by Legion guards for wearing Legion uniforms.
The assets in the beta are not final, and I'm hoping to replace them with something more consistent with the vanilla Morrowind art style.
Many assets here are from various resources by quorn and Alaisiagae.
If you want to follow development the mod, report any bugs or contribute to the project, you can join my discord here.
In terms of compatibility, this mod adds a script to the vanilla newtscale, silver and dragonscale cuirasses to make them Legion uniforms. This likely means that if there are any mods that edit those values, they will be incompatible.
The mod also changes the inventories of a lot of Legion members. However, by and large these NPCs are inconsequential and are mostly generic and unlikely to be affected by any other mods. The interiorrs of most Legion garrisons have also had changes, however these are mostly just armour pieces added to the world space and no drastic layout changes.
|Credits and Permissions|
Feel free to edit this mod as you like. I don't mind anyone editing and publishing the mod, just as long as it isn't a direct reupload of it.
Should this mod remain in beta indefinitely, feel free to download it, polish it up and release your own version.
Thanks to xeno for making the crest on Varus Vantinius' helmet.